THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Acrobatic Acts of My Father

A couple of months ago, I posted about my father and his ability to sleep through being tossed out of his chair.


Well, from what I understand, it has happened 2 more times, within a 2 week time frame.

Now, my father is a very sound sleeper. I can remember when my mother would ask either myself or my sister to help wake him up for work in the mornings.

He had to be at work at 7:00 am, so we would start out at 6:00 am going into the bedroom and saying "daddy, time to get up" (in our highest pitched, little girl voices). Now, you did not walk up to the side of the bed to do that, nor did you get into the bed. Dad tended to become startled when he is asleep, so you might have to dash out of the way of a swinging are. No, you stood at the foot of the bed.

After 15 or 20 minutes, he would get up, eat the full breakfast my mother had fixed and go to work. Then mom would get us up and moving and off to school and she then went to work.

This routine, every morning and now that he is retired, he can't stay in his chair?? Pfftt..

I think we need to get him this:



7 comments:

The Ferryman said...

Ooh, I have something like that. But..um...I use it for a different purpose.

Jennifer said...

Hahaha! Mr. Fab stole my comment. LOL

Not a Granny said...

Mr. Fab-hey that's my dad...they don't do that kind of stuff!!

Kentucky girl-see above!! LOL

Trisha (Ashlyn's Adoring Mommy) said...

Now that just doesn't look very nice at all. What kind of show are you running down there anyway?

Not a Granny said...

trisha-safety classes. We were looking for a HANS device, but can't find one that will attach to the chair! LOL

Elizabeth said...

Ha, that is really funny!
I think that when my sister was a baby we something similar that strapped her into the back so that she could stand up and look around. However she would always fall asleep and it was really funny to watch her move when the car took a turn.

Jackie said...

Oh my oldest daughter is the same dang blasted way. The whole house could blow down on top of her and she probably wouldn't even budge....it can drive a person mad who is trying to wake them up...gr8 idea with the harness. I am so glad you dropped by...I love your site....I am going to blogroll you....and don't feel too bad...my daughter gave me a grandson when I was 37:)))!!! ~Jackie