THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 22, 2007

For Your Viewing Pleasure

Most of you recall that my parents celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary this past November. I was out in Washington State with them, worrying that the girls would freeze solid in that ice cold weather they have!


I thought I might share some pictures that were discovered not too long ago. Slides actually that my sister and I had never seen...

This is my mother in the early 1950's when she was visiting her brother in Japan. I have lots more, just wait they are really neat!!

Here is my father mowing the lawn, we believe it is after he came home from serving in Korea.

I love this one. This is my grandmother, my father, and my grandmother's dog "Mr. Dingle" sitting on my father's motorcycle. I had forgotten that our house use to have a maroon garage door!!

This is the reason the photo above was taken. My mom, dad, and our dog Toro on the same motorcylce. Grandma had never been on a motorcycle before so she wanted to at least sit on one. My father always had a motorcycle. Toro our dog use to ride with dad. Dad would get the bike going and ride it down the street slowly, the dog would run along the side and jump on in front of him. It was fun to watch, unless you were a stranger riding your bike down the street and this huge German Shepherd mixed animal comes tearing up the street beside you...you tend to think you are being attacked..not sayin that ever happened.. And here is my sister and I on "our" bikes. To any retired law enforcement from my hometwon, this is not proof that my sister and I were ever racing up and down city streets. How do you like the little skirts and stockings? God, I am glad those patterns are out of date...oh wait, they are coming back aren't they? Shit!


6 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Now that was a great post! Love old pictures and family history.

Merry Christmas!

I'm shutting down Mushy's after the next couple of post, but I'll be around, somewhere in the background.

Sheila said...

oooh, old family photos! I lurve them lots! Maybe I'll do one of these soon.

I'll have to ask Trish for more dirt on her side of the family, though. Did I say 'dirt'? I meant, more precious photos.

Not a Granny said...

Mushy-I'm sorry to hear that you are shutting down. Please be sure to keep in touch!!

Sheila-I have a whole cd full that we put together while in Washington. Most of them I had never seen!!

Camie said...

Those are great pics. Never new grandma went to Japan...

Not a Granny said...

camie-wait til you see the bath tub pictures of Grandma....

Hayley said...

I love old family photo's the 'how it used to be' era. Has given me the idea of putting a few of my own online.

Happy Christmas to you and your family.

Hayley
x