- Girls were not allowed to wear pants to school
- Cashiers in grocery stores entered the price of each item in your cart manually into the cash register
- Seatbelts in cars were an option
- You did not have to wear said seatbelt
- Babies were laid across the mothers laps while the mother was driving said car without wearing a seatbelt.
Okay, I didn't say everything I remembered was okay!
- When schools actually had lockers for books to be kept in
- If you misbehaved in school, you got a "whack" with a paddle the size of Alaska
- You didn't misbehave in school a second time
- Spring Break was called Easter Break
- The only radio stations were AM
- Which you listened to on your Transistor Radio
- Your class all stood and repeated The Pledge of Allegiance and the Lord's Prayer each morning.
- Playing outside until Mom would yell your names throughout the neighborhood.
- Playing "Kick the Kan" in the street with all the neighborhood kids.
- If a girl was going out on a date, he had to meet her father first.
- Black and White TV
- An ashtray in a new car was not considered an option.
- Playing Monopoly as a family after dinner.
- The A/C in our house was a "swamp cooler". Which consists of a box, fan, vents and the garden hose dripping cold water into the back of it. (yes it was purchased that way)
- Cloth Diapers (my sisters)
- When disposable diapers were being tested
- When TV Dinners tasted good!
- Friday and Saturday nights were "date night"
Okay, what do you remember?
And Today is Sheila's Birthday! Stop by Seriously Sheila and Wish her a Happy Birthday!!