THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 7, 2007

To my Friend

I just came from a funeral for a friend, who died way too early. He was a humanitarian, father, friend, all around wonderful person. Some of the stories told at his memorial service today I knew, some were brand new.

To his son, I am sorry, we miss him also. To his brother, nieces and nephews, cousins, and even ex wives, thank you for sharing him with us.

We haven't seen much of him lately. He took a leave from our Rotary Club to finish writing his book, "Dear Luke, A Father's Letters to His Son". That was two years ago. He came back 5 months ago with his published book and prostrate cancer. It advanced to his spine and he is gone. We will miss you Dick. I will miss you...and yes Marty is still healthy.

No comments: