Not a Grampy and I will be spending Thanksgiving this year in Washington State. It will be a short trip, we arrive there Wednesday afternoon and have to leave bright and early Monday morning. Yes, we will be flying...and it will be a 12 hour flight (including a 2 hour layover in Seattle).
While we are there we will be celebrating my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary.
50 years. Can you imagine living with someone for 50 years?? I have been married to Not A Grampy for 20 years and sometimes I feel that has been forever. On our anniversary this year I realized something, I have lived with Not A Grampy longer than I have lived with anyone else (except my children), including my parents.
I am just trying to imagine what life with Not A Grampy will be like after 50 years of marriage.
- The year will be 2037
- We will be 77 years old (shit that's old)
- I will probably need my boobs done again (the warranty is only for 20 years)
- I will probably be a great grandmother (shit that sounds even older)
- I will be driving along the roads, making right hand turns from the left lane
- Not A Grampy will have finished redoing the kitchen cabinets.
- I will have painted my bedroom (we have lived here 10 years and I still don't know what I want to do in there, well besides that)