Domestic Violence agencies will be doing presentations, having events, displaying their Clothesline Projects, holding Candlelight Vigils.
If you get a chance, please stop by and take a look at the t-shirts that are displayed. Each shirt is made by a survivor of domestic violence. They can be quite moving.
- White represents women who died because of violence;
- Yellow or beige represents battered or assaulted women;
- Red, pink, and orange are for survivors of rape and sexual assault;
- Blue and green t-shirts represent survivors of incest and sexual abuse;
- Purple or lavender represents women attacked because of their sexual orientation;
- Black is for women attacked for political reasons.
1 out of 4 women will be a victim of abuse sometime in their life.
T-shirts from our Candlelight Vigil in October 2006
If you, or someone you know is a victim of abuse, there is help. You can make a confidential phone call and find the resources in your area. Nationwide: 1-800-799-7233 (SAFE). There are shelters, counseling, legal advocacy.